New Castle County, Delaware makes COVID-19 vaccines readily available for all its residents with the 1health Vaccination Solution
New Castle had a challenge: vaccination rates in their underserved communities were lagging far behind the rest of the county. Public health officials faced the unprecedented challenge of quickly scaling vaccination efforts while finding a way to reach and schedule amongst underserved communities with limited access to online communication. They knew mobile, walk-in vaccination clinics could help them move past these hurdles, but they needed a software solution that would allow them to effectively provide that care.
It took just 5 days for 1health to create that solution. Its all-inclusive, HIPAA-compliant vaccination management solution enabled the clinics to accommodate walk-ins, eased the process of in-person registrations, and provided a more reliable vaccine tracking system – all while automatically reporting vaccinations directly to the state databases. With the deployment of 1health’s vaccination platform, New Castle was able to reach demographics that otherwise may not have been vaccinated.
New Castle, Delaware sought to make COVID-19 vaccinations widely available to its residents through mobile clinics that would maximize vaccine accessibility. 1health partnered with New Castle County to streamline patient intake and vaccine tracking to enable this effective approach.
- They needed a fast solution – the quicker New Castle could vaccinate their underserved population, the faster they could protect them
- They needed additional, mobile vaccination events that allowed on-site registration to better reach their underserved communities
- Disjointed, manual processes for registering and tracking vaccinations consumed time and resources, complicating the mobile clinic approach
- Inefficiencies in tracking and filling appointments caused vaccine waste
New Castle County’s challenge with reaching their underserved communities stemmed from larger disparities in the population. The average household income in the areas New Castle’s mobile clinics served was over 20% lower than the median household income of the county*. This disparity translated directly into barriers to reaching the population – for instance, attendees of the mobile clinic reported 40% less access to email than the rest of the country**.
This meant New Castle County needed mobile clinics within the community to help engage members and increase vaccination compliance. However, their current systems weren’t able to handle the logistical challenges such an approach required.
New Castle knew the right partner could help them overcome these barriers and allow them to reach this vulnerable population. They engaged 1health, a leader in open platform software that solves healthcare challenges, to create and implement a solution.
1health deployed a personalized and streamlined vaccine tracking platform for the residents of New Castle in one week. Built with the unique needs of the New Castle population, 1health implemented a unified platform that solved the complex needs of the county.
1health created a vaccination solution that provided an end-to-end process for vaccinations:
- Ensured easy access to vaccinations by enabling mobile events for underserved communities
- Created exceptions for residents without internet access and/or email addresses to make appointments via the phone with staff or volunteers
- Allowed residents to complete consent forms via the phone
- Ensured that the platform was inclusive of walk-ins
- Streamlined processes for staff and volunteers
- Allowed team to easily track appointments so vaccinations would not be wasted
- Embedded special customization for 16 and 17-year-olds being vaccinated for easier tracking
- Allowed testing site staff to seamlessly promote up-to-date testing availability
- Simplified public health reporting
- Created a system that interfaced with the state database to automatically record vaccination
- Tracked those that had received their first dose elsewhere
1health’s innovative platform allows local governments, private clinics, universities, K-12 schools, enterprise-level businesses, and others to launch an easy-to-use, comprehensive vaccination platform in as little as one week.
The 1health Platform can:
- Increase accessibility to underserved communities
- Launch in less than one week and be implemented shortly after
- Streamline the entire process of vaccination tracking and management
* Calculated using the average household income in the zip codes of patients serviced compared to the median household income in New Castle County from 2015-2019 as reported by the US Cenusus Bureau** Based on the percent of mobile clinic patients without valid email addresses compared to the percent of Americans as a whole without email access based on a Statista report published by H. Tankovska on February 17, 2021: E-mail usage in the United States – Statistics & Facts | Statista
The field of CGx and PGx has grown leaps and bounds in the last 30 years. While the road ahead may be full of promises...
As advancement in PGx testing gains wider traction, the strength of PGx testing for laboratories as a growth opportunity in 2023 and beyond cannot be...
1health partners with Inspire Wellness@Home to bring health and wellness tests, such as inflammation, sleep and stress to heart health and thyroid to the broader…
Dante Genomics uses the 1health.io platform to accelerates their go to market and expand availability in all 50 states using the 1health online prescription services